Autumn In Japan Trip 2014 (Day 2)

Day 2 (November 1, 2014 - Saturday)

Should've been at Yamanashi to see a glimpse of the amazing Mt. Fuji. But due to reported rainfalls there (thanks to the accurate Weather App of Apple), we didn't push through.

My OOTD (outfit of the day) ^_^

 
Took a video of us while we're deciding if whether or not we're going to see Mt. Fuji.

Rainy morning at Shinjuku.

Though it was also raining in our area, we managed to swap our itineraries instead. We then went to Meiji Shrine, Harajuku streets, Yoyogi Park (supposedly) but we skipped going there and went directly to Shibuya where we'll see the famous statue of Hachiko and the famous intersection outside the Shibuya Station.

A public locker with animal print - literally! Hehe!
 
360-degree view inside a (full) train going to Harajuku. Haha!

An obligatory photo with my dear friend, Roxanne as we arrived at the train station near the Meiji Shrine.


My love, Everard (left) and Quiel (right) with their college professor, Sir Bana (middle) at the entrance of the Meiji Shrine.





Signature pose with my love. <3



A lot of Bonsai were displayed along the path going to the Meiji Shrine.

How to pay respect at the Meiji Shrine




We saw this very cute little girl whom some of the visitors at the temple took a picture with. And we didn't let the chance pass and we got 2 pictures with her.

Too bad she was no longer looking at the camera this time. :-)

Ema (votive tablets) are small wooden plaques on which Shinto worshippers write their prayers or wishes.





Busy streets of Harajuku.
Aaaand it's lunch time! Was excited to experience authentic Japanese Ramen again at Ichiran! :-)

As it usual in Japan, you can place your orders via vendo (vending machine) and just show your receipt to any of their staff.


No doubt that the Japanese are minimalist. In spite of the narrow space they have, they still managed to make their patrons feel comfortable and convenient during their dine there. See the readily-available hangers (for the coats) behind every person who eats there? So cool.
 

Nom nom nom!

It got a bit rainy again when we left the Ichiran. But it didn't stop us to explore the streets of Harajuku.

This paper art is just so unbelievable!



And I just can't help but take pictures of my favorite buddies hehe! I'm a certified froggy stuff addict.


Look for hidden froggy! :-D
Very tiny froggy erasers. So cute!

Never thought that Hello Kitty and Kerokerokeroppi were this close! Haha!


Harajuku selfie with my love.

Of course, we'll never miss to drop by Daiso to buy cheaper stuff for pasalubong. :-P

They said that this is the least prize that you can get from the fancy raffle of Line app at the Takeshita-dori, but I didn't mind at all. Because before I drew a ball from the raffle, I wished to get my iPhone 5s a case, and I got it, apparently! Hehe! Happy me.

Takeshita-dori selfie with my love.

Takeshita-dori groupfie with the gang! :-)

And we continued our walk going to Shibuya and we accidentally dropped by the building of NHK which was then holding an audition for talented mother-and-child. Too bad we didn't come on time to see it inside.



We even had pictures at the known stores in Japan which is also in the Philippines.

Just found its colors cute and catchy.


#OOTD with Bershka Store behind me.

This is just so cool! Haha!

And with this, I can feel that we're already nearing Shibuya crossing.


FINALLY! Hachiko and I met (with my love, of course).
Groupfie!
Signature pose at the Shibuya crossing.

When we got to see the Gate of the Sensoji Temple, the sun has already set at 5pm, seriously?

 

And another selfie with my love.



Some of the froggy stuff I saw in one of the stores there.








The Sensoji Temple! :-)




A Japanese house with both touches of modern and traditional styles.

Before we ended our night, we dropped by Asakusa Dn Quixote to buy some stuff for pasalubong. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Double "First Time" Celebration

Tokyo SkyTree and Hello Kitty (Day 3 - Part 1)

Sale Shopper Philippines: A New Haven for Shopping while Saving Up